Sunday, November 30, 2008

Tomatoes, Tomatoes, Tomatoes

At last, my tomatoes are finally beginning to turn red. I did not think it was ever going to happen!














Rhonda at Down-to-Earth blog picks her tomatoes green and ripens them inside so I am going to experiment and do just that.


I have noticed a little green stink-bug type looking thing on them lately which has me most concerned so I need to go and look up on the internet what he might be up to on my tomatoes. I've go my suspicions it's not anything good!

I am very impressed with these bush tomatoes - each plant has at least 30 tomatoes on them so I should end up with a minimum of about 180 tomatoes! Yay. We love tomatoes - DD's eat them for snacks. They are just the Sunnyvale First Prize tomatoes and I will be definitely be growing these again (as long as they taste good of course!)

Now off to do some research on those bugs....

2 comments:

Teena said...

Umm watch out for "Stings" on your tomatoes (just a very small puncture mark)....Stink bugs sting them and inject some yuckky stuff in them and a beautiful looking tomato on the outside can be full of creepy crawlies when you cut it open. As a rule of thumb, try avoid bugs on the fruit, bugs on flowers are good, but bugs on fruit isnt.
xoxoxox

Karen said...

Ewwwww!! I have found some with small holes but I had thrown them out not wanting to know what was inside LOL. I will be extra wary now thanks. I have been getting rid of the bugs as I see them but fortunately I haven't seen too many. Thanks again!