Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I've been tagged!

I was tagged with the "The Tree of Happiness". Thanks Gavin .
The idea of this tag is to list six things that make you happy and then tag others with it and spread the love.

I don't know much about 'tagging' and I'm not much of a blogger because I am not much of a writer - it certainly isn't my gift! So I always keep things pretty simple so here goes - in no particular order:

1. My family
Where would I be without my hard-working husband (who is also a great Dad) and my two wonderful daughters?

2. Organisation
It helps my home to feel more peaceful if it is kept organised and running efficiently (and helps me to feel more at peace also knowing everything is clean and running smoothly).

3. Our Vegie Garden
We only just began vegetable gardening last year. I love being able to go out into the garden and pick fresh vegies - yum!

4. Living Simply
I am enjoying endeavouring to live a more simple life. In all honesty I am tired of 'materialism'. I don't believe that having a big house, brand-name clothes and an expensive car makes you a better person even though society tries to tell me otherwise....constantly.

5. Living Frugally and being Green
I put these two together because I think they actually go together a lot, fortunately! For example, making my own cleaning spray - it saves the environment and saves me money. I am endeavouring to try and see budgeting as a challenge rather than a deprivation. Sometimes I enjoy the process and other times it can be frustrating!

6. My faith
This gives my life purpose and meaning even though I constantly stumble and have so much to learn.

Now, I am going to tag a Secret Hippie because I would love to find out a little bit more about this lovely person.

1 comment:

Teena said...

Thats beautiful Karen! So many things we all have to be happy about.
I'm so glad I was tagged with the tree as well, giving praise and happiness to someone and asking them to spread the love is the best Christmas present. I love reading what other bloggers have considered happiness with this tree. So enriching isn't it?
xoxoxox