Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Night Light

My youngest daughter still likes to have a night light. Even though we have changed our globes to the more environmentally friendly ones that are supposed to cost less to run, I still wasn't happy with having to leave that light on all night.


Here is our solution:


Solar lights - they are just like the ones you have in your garden. Originally we headed off to Bunnings to buy a couple of the outdoor ones you stick in the ground. We thought we would just sit them in a pot or something when we bring them indoors, but we found this one on a nice little stand with 3 separate lights - so we can put one in the hallway, one in the toilet and one in her room if she wants.

We take it out first thing in the morning and leave it in a spot that gets sun for most of the day and then bring them in at bed time. Free light! I love it!

6 comments:

BevB said...

What a great idea Karen :-)

Robin said...

What an awesome idea ! Just love it

Cheers
Robin

Teena said...

I have a turtle solar light that goes into the bathroom at night and his light gets put out in the morning to charge up. He is sooo cute and the kids give (Tommy Turtle) a belly scratch and kiss goodnight each night after brushing their teeth before bed. He lights up the bathroom all night with a gentle glow. Best night light ever.
xoxox

Karen said...

Oh CH that sounds lovely - where did you find that? I've never heard of one like that before!

I need to add a few bloggers to my sidebar....I need my DD to help me figure out how to do it!!

Teena said...

I bought tommy off a gardening store on ebay! they have so many different ones there, rabbit and turtles and elephants and gnomes, email me and I will give you the name of the ebay store. They are all resin statues with a solar light on them.
xoxoxox

Karen said...

Thanks Cabbage Heart - I will be in contact as my sister may want one as she was looking for one like mine.