Saturday, November 8, 2008

Vegie Patches filled

Lettuces and Broccoli in one bed....

















Sweetcorn all planted up - haven't ever grown these before so should be interesting to see how they go.



We really need to mulch but I need to find a source for it and then the money to buy it! I had heard Lucerne or Sugar Cane mulch were supposed to be good so I will start to keep an eye out for them.


The third bed has a directly sown zucchini seed which hasn't sprouted yet. I will also be putting in my Grosse Lisse tomatoes, Tommy Toe tomatoes and capsicums in this bed once they are ready to transplant. This is the first time I have endeavoured to grow from seed and transplant. Previously I have only directly sown seed.

2 comments:

Denise said...

Karen - these are exactly the type of vegie plot we want to make, the look great!! Sleepers are SO expensive over here I doubt it will happen for us.

Karen said...

I know what you mean Denise but we couldn't really find anything else suitable. Saw the other day on someone else's blog (can't remember who now!) made theirs out of strips of corrugated iron nailed to wood posts in the corners.