Friday, February 13, 2009

No 'poo

I have heard about other people going the no-shampoo route.  I cannot stand to not wash my hair every day - because it is so fine, it looks very lank if I don't so I was not really tempted to give this a try.  But this site has motivated me in the direction of giving it a go:
http://www.naturemoms.com/no-shampoo-alternative.html
I also have straight-as-a-board and fine hair so it was good to read that this type of hair coped well.

I'll let you know what I think!

2 comments:

Minni Mum said...

Hi Karen,
I also have straight-as-a-board, very fine hair which gets oily as soon as you look at it sideways, but I've been no 'poo for about a year now. Love it! It did take a while to adjust (about 3 weeks?) but once I broke that barrier my hair has MUCH more body than it ever did and gets much less greasy. My hairdreser regularly comments on how much it has changed.

So it might take a while for you, but I highly recommend sticking with it :-)

Cheers, Julie

Karen said...

Wow thanks Julie, that is great news - now, just to get through those few weeks!! LOL
I tried the bicarb this morning and actually found it hard to get the bicarb onto my scalp (I mix it on the palm of my hand and rub it over my scalp - I don't know if enough is ending up on my scalp rather than just on my hair though). I shall persist!