Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Day 5 of No 'Poo

I can't believe I've made it to Day 5 of not using shampoo!

I didn't use anything yesterday - not even bicarb/vinegar as I had read that it is best not to use the bicarb every day and as I spent the day mostly at home I thought it would be a good day to give it a rest but by the end of the day it was feeling pretty yucky though it didn't look as bad as I thought it would.  I mean, I managed to endure it!  (When I told my husband what I was doing he said he hadn't even noticed and that it didn't look too bad at all).

I washed it with bicarb again this morning but this time I disintegrated it first in a cup of water as suggested elsewhere which made it easier to distribute.  I also used the vinegar rinse for the first time just on the ends of my hair.  I must admit although it doesn't feel clean when washing it like it does with shampoo, once it is dried it actually looks fine.  And I'm not sure whether it is my imagination but I feel it actually has a tiny little wave in it (you got to understand, my hair is so straight that even using a curler is a waste of time!) so this is encouraging me to persist with this!

So onwards I go in great hope that I will eventually be able to get rid of another product off my shopping list that isn't particularly good for me anyway!

No comments: