Saturday, December 13, 2008

Soil Fixing

Thanks to Gavin at http://greeningofgavin.blogspot.com/ I am hopefully on the way to fixing my soil problems. I've watered it with detergent/water mix to try and help it to be a little less water repellant and the next day I watered the Powerfeed in.

I will see how this goes before I try testing the soil with a PH kit as they approx $16 from Bunnings which was a bit expensive so I'm kind of hoping I won't have to resort to that.

If this crop doesn't end up thriving, I may count my losses and concentrate on working in our homemade compost which should be good enough to use soon - I think and I hope!?

Thanks again Gavin for all your help.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The pleasure was all mine. Always happy to help a fellow gardener.

I just hope the plants pick up over the next week.

Gav

Karen said...

Thanks Gavin. I've got a feeling even if they do begin to pick up that the summer heat is going to hit them right at the wrong time. We haven't gotten to build a shade house over them yet and I haven't been able to afford to buy mulch yet so they have a real battle ahead!!