Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Christmas decorations!

I love putting up the Christmas decorations - not the taking down and putting away part so much though!

Other than the Christmas tree, which has fairy lights, these are my favourite decorations because they have fairy lights too - I have a 'thing' for fairy lights - love 'em, love 'em, love 'em! They add such a magical feeling to the room. Probably not very frugal nor environmentally friendly but I can't resist them and we only have them on for such a short time.

This idea came from my sister. We bought the garlands on special at Myers and I decorated mine with fairy lights, tinsel and baubles and they look absolutely wonderful at night....


















This is also a craft my sister created and I copied! I probably must stop doing that....




This JOY was cut out of wood (thanks to my Dad) though you can buy these from scrapbooking shops or Spotlight and I then modge-podged scrapbooking paper onto them, painted the edges and wha-la! Unfortunately I did mine when I was rushing so I was a little disappointed but it still looks okay - just hope my sister doesn't see it up close! LOL

I can't believe Christmas is just around the corner and sneaking up fast - are you ready??














4 comments:

Teena said...

Soooo pretty! Im ready! Been ready since August. I layby the kids stuff at taxtime and pay it off except $5 then pick it all up week before xmas. I also get $20 grocery cards every week of the year and go bulk buy week before xmas for food. I make my soaps/bath salts and smelly stuff for gifts in October so they are cured and ready to use and if I forgot someone, there is always preserves in the pantry thats easy to dress up and make a hamper with,
and although I don't drink alcohol, there seems to be alot of people giving me wine throughout the year that I dont drink and I whack that in a hamper with preserves as well for a gift along with some other home made goodies as well.
I also make alot of stuff throughout the year for the kids to give to their friends as gifts like soap bags etc so thats all covered as well. Kids teacher gifts, sooo easy, smelly stuff for women, hankies & soapbags for men.
Once you get organised its really easy to just look up your daily list and plan ahead. Makes life a lot easier at my place when mum is organised.
xoxoxox

Karen said...

Wow CH, you are one organised and clever person! Preserves, soaps, soapbags - I could learn something from you! Well done :)

nellbe said...

The letters and garlands looks wonderful and such a lovely idea to decorate the room.

Secret Hippie said...

You are such a clever possum! That looks fantastic :0)