Monday, December 8, 2008

Cleaning....again

Whilst on the subject of cleaning, I cannot recommend the microfibre cloths enough. If you haven't tried them yet, you just got to! I cannot believe how many kitchen sponges I went through before changing to microfibre cloths. The sponges would get stinky and disintegrate whereas the cloths can be washed again and again and again. And a lot of the time you don't need to use any cleaners with them. You may have to try a few different ones though because the one that I love my Mum doesn't like much at all whereas the one she loves I don't like because I think it goes 'slimy' quickly!

I have also found that using the netting from orange bags works fantastically as a scourer and again, can be used over and over - the best bit of course is it is 'free'!

I also use a homemade general purpose cleaner for most of my cleaning now. This is the recipe that I use:

1 litre water

200ml white vinegar (I use cleaning vinegar)

40ml dishwashing detergent

few drops eucalyptus oil

2 dessertspoons washing soda

I pretty much clean everything with this other than the inside of the toilet and I use it together with bicarb soda to clean the shower recess - I spray it on, then wipe over with some bicarb on a microfibre cloth, then wash off.

I love walking past that cleaning aisle!

3 comments:

Teena said...

Well done Karen! I too love walking straight past the cleaning products Isle, you get your cleaning products in the the baking Isle!
xoxoxox

Teena said...

TAG UR IT!!!!
An award awaits you on my blog.
xoxoxox

Karen said...

Thank you so much CH - I visited your blog but I am unsure what the award is about!? Please excuse my ignorance about these things - I'm new!! LOL